We need your help at our Jubilee Campsite, CF5 6EY
Saturday 2nd October 11am to 4pm
Sunday 17th October 10.30am to 3.30pm
We have Lloyds Bank and the Woodland Trust on site on the 22nd October planting over 800 saplings which we also need help with.
Before then we need to try and complete the tasks below.
1) Around the campfire circle a lot of clearing has been done but a little more is needed to enable the new trees to be planted and the campfire circle made a bigger as per the master plan. Clearing more bramble towards the farmers field.
2) Wood chippings near the camp fire circle and main field needs to be moved to the crate stacking and axe throwing areas to create more planting areas and allow grass to grow on the main field.
3) Main woodlands will be mainly chipped by the chipping company. If someone has a chainsaw, some of the small branches could be cut and stored for scout fires.
4) Entrance to the public footpath. We have cleared a lot of this but there are still brambles that needs to be cleared as the young people footpath will go behind the mound in the car park. Also there are some dead bits of brambles in the trees around the axe throwing area.
5) Public footpath bushes trimmed back a little more to keep it open all winter.
6) For winter we need to cut back the grass on mound in the car park again as the grass is growing well on it.
If you are able to attend we would greatly appreciate it, also please bring any gloves and tools for you to use.