The deadline for the Jubilee campsite badge design competition has been extended until the 1st August to allow more entries now that face to face scouting is returning. We are looking for a fresh inspiring badge design and welcome entries from across our youth membership.
Below you will find a template you can print off and use in your section as a ready made activity that can count towards badge work.
- For Beavers you could run a log chew about Jubilee/camping as part of the Teamwork challenge award and count the design towards the paint a picture element if the My Skills award.
- For Cubs you could run a forum to count towards the Teamwork challenge award and the design can count towards the Artist Activity badge
- For Scouts the design could form part of the Artist badge
- For Explorers it could form part of the graphic design element of the Digital Maker badge
Download a template to print (PDF)
There are some simple rules that we ask you to follow in your design, these are:
- A maximum of 8 colours;
- To include the wording “Jubilee Scout Campsite”
- To include the Scout fleur-de-lis;
- Be capable of reducing to 75mm wide;
You will also need to include the following alongside your design:
- Your name
Some design tips
There are two significant features of Jubilee that are not well known that could inspire your design.
1. Near the green container on the border of the stream are a group of yellow marsh/flag irises that bloom in the spring.
2. The marshy wilderness at the bottom of the site has a rare species of yellow cowslip.
The winning design will be chosen by a panel of members from the Area team and turned into a badge available to purchase.
As Jubilee is only a 20 minute drive to Cardiff International White Water Centre they have kindly sponsored the competition by providing the winner with a voucher for a family white water rafting experience.
How to enter
The competition is open to our Youth Membership (Beavers through to Scout Network members).
The closing date for entries is 1st August 2021 and the winner will be announced at the Area Agm in September.
To enter simply take a photo or scan your design and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cardiff and Vale Scouts reserve the right to adapt designs to make them suitable to be produced as a woven badge.