Dear Scout Post Co-ordinators, Groups Scout Leaders and Group Chairs.
As you know Scout Post is not happening in 2020 and therefore we have created an online giving page to help support all Groups involved in Scout Post. We launched the scheme last Thursday with online media coverage and hopefully in the next few days and weeks in the printed media. To date we have received 50 donations and just short of £1,000 supporting over 19 Groups directly and some supporting all Groups. As there are costs to running the online scheme and to keep the membership fees cost as low as possible, the same as running Scout Post, the Area will take 20% of the donations to cover the cost. The Scheme will run from now until Christmas Day.
We want all Groups to benefit from the scheme so we have produced material to help you raise income for your Group.
- Share the details of the giving page with your group membership https://www.totalgiving.co.uk/appeal/Scoutpost Remind them to add the group the are supporting.
- Share on social media the Area poster or create your own and get people to share it.
- Print off the poster/leaflets (English (PDF) / Welsh (PDF) / JPG) to display and ask your outlets from previous years to display.
- Some Groups are getting their young people to design a card to deliver to their normal area to tell people they are thinking of them this Christmas and including the giving page details.
- I am sure your Group can come up with many other ways to share good will this Christmas and remind people that Scouts are active in their area.
This is not the only fundraising scheme currently running – UK Scouting also launched last week “Race around the World” with teams from each section trying to get around the world lead by Scouting Ambassador’s traveling 1 mile. The scheme is to grow the new hardship fund at HQ which will be out next year but also to give each group 20% of the monies raised to your group.
I know this year is difficult and the impact on Scouting has been hard. I am amazed by all the different ways we have continued to Scout and support our local communities. Please keep safe and if you have any questions, concerns or need support with the online giving, do not hesitate to get in touch with me via email Julian.Jordan@CardiffandValeScouts.org.uk or telephone 0333 301 1907 (options 3).
Yours in Scouting